Makeup Tips to Compliment Your Hair
Nowadays, women consider beauty products – particularly make up - as their “best friend.” When used correctly, make up could be extremely powerful tools. These have the ability to enhance one’s features, conceal imperfections or flaws, and basically compliment one’s skin tone and hair color.
In order to achieve your desired look you must have the right tools
- Liquid foundation and face powder that compliments your skin tone. When choosing the right foundation for you, make sure that the shade you choose is 2 tones lighter than your natural skin color. Also determine your skin type since there are foundations that are suitable for specific skin types – oily, dry, and normal.
- Face primer. This sets your foundation in place whilst making sure that your face does not become oily overtime.
- Eye shadow primer. This ensures that your eye shadow stays and place and does not crease since the eyelids tend to become oily.
- Good makeup brushes.
Make up for blondes
How to achieve an every day look:
- Sweep a pale gold color or anything that is shimmery nude all over the eyelids. By doing so, your hair color will be enhanced, and your complexion, brightened up. Avoid using eye shadows that have the ability to contrast with the color of your hair, most especially if your eyebrow and eyelash colors are extremely pale.
- Fill in your brows using a taupe colored eyebrow pencil. Use an angled liner brush to smooth out the product, making sure that you don’t go beyond the shape that you’ve created for your brows.
- Using dark brown eyeliner, line your upper lash lines to create a fuller effect. Do the same on your lower lash line.
- Curl your lashes with an eyelash curler. Apply generous coats of mascara.
- Sweep bronzer all over the apples of your cheeks
- Use plump-toned lipstick and top it off with a complimentary lip gloss
Make up for brunettes
How to achieve an evening look:
- Apply eye shadow primer all over the eyelids. Let it dry for a few seconds or so.
- Sweep a light satin-colored shadow of your choice all over the lids.
- Get a medium colored eye shadow and sweep it across the crease using a crease brush. Use a fluffy blending brush to blend the base and crease colors together.
- Get a darker toned eye shadow and pack it on the outer corners of your eyes. Use the blending brush once again to blend the colors in.
- Line your upper and lower lash lines with dark kohl eyeliner of your choice. Use an angled liner brush to smudge the liner a bit.
- Coat your lower and upper lashes with volumizing mascara.
- Sweep bronzer all over your cheeks.
- Use nude lipstick on your lips and top it off with lip.
- Gloss for that extra sheen.
Make up for redheads
How to achieve a subtle look
- Use any shade of eye shadow as long as it does not have any orange tint or anything orangey.
- Use rose-toned cheek blush and sweep it all over your cheeks using a fine blush brush.
- Use dark mascara such as deep brown or auburn to accentuate your hair.
- You can use lip colors such as: plum, mocha, or red. If you prefer a lighter look, then nude and shimmery shades will do the trick.